Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mightyfragrance

Is my Jasmine here a vine!!??? strange!!

mightyfragrance
16 years ago

Hi all! After a respite I am back. During this time, my Jasmine plant grew well wonderfully with beautiful flowers, so I was content just watching it thrive. But unfortunately this happiness is marred by my constant efforts to control the plant's growth in my container! So finally I give up, and ask you experts to provide me some clarification, thats bugging me all this time. Is pink jasmine(jasminum polyanthum) a vine or not?? Mine sure gives pink-white flowers always, but defienetely not a vine, when infact all the information about Pink jasmine says it so!!

The Leaves are opposite to each other at the stem, but after having two pairs of leaves, the stem immediately separates into another stem and the process continues. So I am having lot of stems to deal with, instead of lot of leaves for one stem! So its ending up shooting stems all around my pot widely, instead of growing in height. It is by no means a vine. Even if I try to bring it near a trellis and twine a thread forecefully (not harming ofcourse), still it just keeps shooting stems, and does not climb!

I would greatly appreciate anyone who takes time to clear my doubt, so I can fully appreciate my Jasmine, instead of worrying constantly with its growth! Thanks in advance.

Comments (2)