Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Variations in Jasmine flower

Posted by mrao77 TX US zone 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 22:42

I though it was interesting that my Mysore Mulli puts out several variants in flower shape and size. typically it is a double petal,prolific bloomer with leaves at opposing angles. the leaves are light green when young, smaller than my MOO. Flowers are sometimes tiered like mali chat, lotus like as in Malipikul, elongated like Belle of India, and bigger than before!

Lately, I am noticing all the new growth is large leaved, leaves in pairs on the same plane and flowers are larger, with different forms. Thought I would post a few pics..

From Jasmines

From Jasmines

From Jasmines

From Jasmines

From Jasmines

From Jasmines

From Jasmines

From Jasmines

From Jasmines

Just a quick note- all pictures are from the same plant.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Variations in Jasmine flower

Wow! I had no idea my Jasminum sambac 'Mysore Mulli' was capable of such changes! This is my first year for the plant but I admit I love it as much as 'Belle of India'. Mine is still small but I love the multi petaled blooms. They smells awesome! Your leaves look like they could use some iron from your last pic (as does mine from my new growth). Ha!

Thanks for all the photos. :)

-Robert

o

• Posted by mrao77 TX US zone 7 (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 23:41

Thanks for sharing your picture, Robert! It may need iron, although I fertilize with a balanced fertilizer. But from my experience this plant has always had lighter green foliage when it is new, and matures later into darker, albeit still lighter than other my sambacs.

o

Also good news to know! Thank you.
I've had to bring in all my tropicals for the cold weekend ahead. :(
At least the house smells great! :)

-Robert

o

OMG Mysore Mulli is so pretty!! I need to get one. Lol. : )

o

buy two and send me one, kemistry, lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here