Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

A picture of my fragrant, tea olive olive tree..

meyermike_1micha
13 years ago

My tree has done very well this summer..It has grown about a few inches taller this year and is now starting to flower like crazy in the weather..

Cold nights and cool days.....I love this tree..:-)

Mike

Comments (4)

• kemistry
    13 years ago

You have a very gorgeous Osmanthus, Mike!

I had to give all of mine away since I couldn't keep them happy indoor. But, yours is just wow!! :)

• User
    13 years ago

Mike,
    Your sweet olive is gorgeous!
    Do you keep it outside in a greenhouse?
    You bring it inside for the winter?
    It has grown so big, if it is the one you had last year.
    Did you ever get your red one?
    I can smell it from here. Have any of your neighbors asked what that good smell was yet?
    Glad you posted pic online, I love to see your plants.

• moonwolf_gw
    13 years ago

Mike, congrats! I just got one of these from Almost Eden Plants and I love the fragrance! Then again, who doesn't!? Makes me think of what my plant's going to look like in a few years :).

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Butterfly4u...

I feel like I have known you for a very long time...Boy does time fly! Thank you for your kind comments and stopping by...You do know that your suggestions and comments always have meant a lot to me..
    Much apprciated..
    I was reading some of your older posts, and I even think you wrote one on olives too, or gardenias also..
    I will be commenting soon..Your plants are just beautiful too!
    Yes, it is the same one as last year...It grew big didn't it?!..I love this tree..I also have 3 others doing just as nice..I bought them in 2 inch pots, and now they are so much bigger since the spring..I will post those pics soon..I hope you see them..
    Because of all the gardenia information you have dispensed here, mine are also doing fanatastic!
    I never got that red olive....They are so expensive and I was told they do not bloom as much..
    I never put that any in the pop up..This particular one has been going in my garage at night when temps drop to the 30's..Then it has stayed outdoors everyday since..It seems to thrive in the cold....I also place it against the pop up so that it faces the sun and it warms that area up very nicely..Cold at night, warm by day and fresh rain...Loves it..;-)

So nice to spend this time with you..:-)

Moonwolf....I have seen your new aquired plants..Just beautiful..They should do very well with your love and caring attitude to back them up...Nice..

Kemistry....Thank you so much....I am suprised you couldn't keep them happy inside for the winter...They are not hard to grow indoors for the winter..
    If you should decide to get one again, I , as well as everyone else would be happy to help you..

MIke