Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrao77

Jasmine Mysore Mulli cuttings anyone?

mrao77
11 years ago

I am giving my jasmines a good haircut, and have several cuttings available if anyone wants try a hand at propagating them. I will gladly share these cuttings for postage (flat rate box). I also have woody stem cuttings of Tabernaemontana divaricata and ephiphyllum oxipetallum.

Let me know if you are interested, I will post a follow up once the cuttings are gone.

mrao77

Comments (18)

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

You are so thoughtful! I'll try some:-0)

Mike

• mrao77
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sure, Mike :)
    Email me though the GW link with your address and which cuttings you are interested in.
    Seeing your interest in citrus, would you like some Kaffir lime (used in Thai cooking) cuttings as well? I am sure you already have Meyer lemon.

mrao77

• olympia_gardener
    11 years ago

Mrao, thanks for sharing the cuttings... put my name in the hat too. When I have any cuttings you want I will do the same too.

• roseyd
    11 years ago

I'm seeing lots of 'sinner's' adding their names... me too! I'd love more plants. :) Do these get big? ... I have more research to do... oh fun! :D

• roseyd
    11 years ago

and they all flower! how cool is that. :)

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

Mrao! Thanks so much again. That is awefully kind of you.

I sent you an e-mail and my address. Please, make sure to leave some for others here, for Rosey and Olympia:-)

Thanks again!

Mike

• mrao77
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am glad so many of you are willing to try these cuttings!

Just FYI, I will mail the cuttings out by USPS Flat rate service. Please choose one of these options, you can send payment via Paypal to mrao77@hotmail.com.

Small Flat Rate Box $5.35
    (8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8")

OR

Medium Flat Rate Box- $11.35
    13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8"

The offer is now closed.

Thank you,
    mrao77

• olympia_gardener
    11 years ago

mrao, I sent you e-mail on Friday, please check. I would like the cuttings shipped in small flat box. Thanks.

• roseyd
    11 years ago

OG, you were quicker than me. I did mine this morning.

You feeling the need for more plants? :) I feel honored that I seem to be in the 'biggest sinner's plant club' ... but, I can still do that, because my 26 are still tiny and aren't taking up much room yet... :)

• olympia_gardener
    11 years ago

H, Rose, It is hard to say who is a bigger or smaller sinners. We are the confessed sinners, but there are a lot more unconfessed sinners out there. We sinners, generate demand, grow economy, actually is a good thing to sin. I bet nurseries across the county love us... the more sinners, the merrier they are... LOL...Except the wallet... :(

I think we should create a sinners club and thereafter the sinners heaven...Sorry , I forgot, it goes down not up...LOL. I don't really care which way I goes as long as it is fragrant...

I surely addict to Jasmines. When Mrao said Mysore Mulli cuttings, I got jump on the band wage... Sorry it is a act of sin, but I am gladly carried it out...LOL hopeless.

• roseyd
    11 years ago

I wish my nose worked better... I swear I barely smell anything unless my nose is right up against a blossom. I have a nightblooming jasmine inside with 5 flowers on it - and I sit beside it at night, watching tv - and - I don't smell hardly a whiff... is the light from the aquarium and tv to much? when all the lights are off - and, I go into the bedroom - less than 25 feet away - surely there'd be some scent... but, no.

and, soon the mandavilla blooms will be opening in my bedroom... and, will I smell it? the perfume tree in my bedroom - has lovely little yellow buds ... no - don't smell those either.

my poor doomed nostrils.

and yet, I keep trying. :)

• mrao77
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am trying to get a hold of Annie (Olympia gardener), who was one among a couple of GW members that I sent jasmine cuttings though this post. I still need to obtain payment from her for the shipping, and have sent several emails with no response. The check that she sent bounced! Not only did lose the shipping charges, I got charged an extra $25 fee by the bank for depositing a bad check!
    I see that she is still active and posting on the forums as recently as today, so I expect that she respond to me.

I am utterly disappointed and frustrated that a fellow gardener would choose to ignore this issue.
    mrao77

• olympia_gardener
    11 years ago

Hi, Maro77. Sorry I did not check my e-mail often recently. I am surprised to hear the check bounced which had never happened before. I need to check with my bank. Did you deposite it last Nov. right?

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

Mrao77....

Hello you and thanks again for sending me the cuttings! :-)
    Sad to say not a one made it but I am very grateful for you giving me the chance to try.

In Olypia's defense, I know she has been out of the country and I hope it all works out. My Mom made her something and it took her a while to let me know she got them, and many ignored e-mails, I thought she got lost in a black hole.. Not becaus she didn't appreciate it, but she was just away.
    :-)
    Hope you all have a wonderful day:-)

Mike

This post was edited by meyermike_1micha on Thu, Feb 21, 13 at 16:53

• mrao77
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the comforting words, Mike! I certainly understand things can happen, and as you can probably tell, I have been under a lot of stress, and am getting tired of a couple of bad trades. That said, I can certainly give any person the benefit of doubt . I can only say that after 2 1/2 months and several emails, it begins to test my patience.
    Honestly, it is not about the shipping charges, I would be happy to send cuttings. But the inconvenience of having my bank charge me for a bounced check that someone else wrote, and it affects my account. I certainly hope this clears out and everyone is happy.

Thank you for understanding my predicament.
    mrao77

• roseyd
    11 years ago

The epiphyllum is growing ... What a strange plant, I'm looking forward to seeing what she will look like when she fills out more. Those stems grow in the weirdest place, not on the soil, but from the sides of the leaves. Not like any other plant I've seen.
    Will this plant ever look less alien?

The other two didn't take, bit that was the risk of a late season shipment.
    Mao, thank you again for this treat. I'm looking forward to someday seeing flowers.

• mrao77
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Annie/olympia_gardener
    Did you ever check back with your bank about the bounced check? I had hoped you would follow up with me on that matter, but you don't seem to respond to emails.
    I hope you will get back to me soon.
    mrao77

• remy101
    10 years ago

Will you have cutting this year too, also do you know about Denton county plant swap?
    http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/txgard/exch0913303212571.html?4044