Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fragrantgrower

Still sinning in November!

So I went to Lowe's thinking I was just gonna look when lo and behold I came upon some orchids that they had just received therefore they weren't dried up and about dead. This one is supposed to smell strongly of orange blossoms so of course I couldn't pass it up...right? ;)

Haven't been able to find much info so far online about this cultivar but the info I have come across all states it does have a great scent. Yay!

-Robert

Comments (7)

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

Robet, NO WORRIES, fo you are not alone pal!! Laughing very loud right now..

That is a great choice for orchids, while I don't think it's a good idea for me to tell you about the one I just got and the adventure I am about to embark on. I will tell you though, that if you want to go on that ride with me, just let me know, and I will tell you of some of the most POWERFUL fragrant orchids you have ever smelled, one that fills an entire room, that is if you are up for more sins? lol

By the way, I hope that orchid does very well for you:-)

Mike

• olympia_gardener
    11 years ago

Robert, congrats on your sin. But it is beautiful... orange blossom, who can resist that!

Mike, what orchid are you talking about? is it start with C...? I had experiences of growing oriental orchid... it is very fragrant but not always there.... People said you have to clam youeself down then you will smell its fragrance when you are not paying attention...

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yea, Mike...don't keep us guessing when it comes to fragrant orchids! :)

-Robert

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

Here are the links for you to take a peek at what I bought I even got a hard to find variegated one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cymbidium-ensilfolium-eight-treasure-advanced-variegation-fragrant-/110972406103?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cymbidium-ensifolium-Tao-Ling-strong-plant-fragrant-/110919106865?ssPageName=ADME:L:COSI:US:1123

Now, I got started on this path by reading this thread I will link you to at the bottom..LOl..I sinned and blame it on others. I take no responsibily thsi time. After reading this thread, you would get one too..lol
    I can't wait to get them!

I pray teh fragrance is as strong as they say. The e-bayer recommended the second one saying I will be in love with that one more than any..huumm

Here is a link that might be useful: Fragrant Cymbidium! Wwowowow

• fenius
    11 years ago

this is terrible!!
    And I only came to this thread to show off my 4 new tiny fragrant orchids...
    I got phaius tankervillae, brassavola david sanders (because my b. nodosa died), aerangis biloba and peristeria elata ...
    & now I have cymbidium fever!

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

No fair! I was hoping for pics, fenius! Of course I googled your new babies. Sigh. So many fragrant orchids out there!

-Robert

• fenius
    11 years ago

I will post when they flower Robert, like my oncidium twinkle - which was from my previous batch in the summer! I think I like it more each day, the fragrance inncreases and it is very strange, can't say it's vanilla nor chocolate exactly...Maybe some kind of bubblebath that wants to imitate vanilla chocolate cookies or smth...