Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greendale_gw

Scented Plant Questions

greendale
11 years ago

I am quite new to house plant. I have been owning a couple "common"(big box store bought) house plant for less than a year (this coming winter will be their first one in our house). And I always wanted some fragrant plants, after some research (been lurking in this forum for a long time) and following are on my wish list:

Aglaia odorata

osmanthus fragrans fudingzhu

Michelia Alba

murraya paniculata

(not going to get them all at once - do not have that kind of budget and not that confident I can take care of all of them)

Problems are I live in New England, and I do not have green house, we keep our house temp pretty low - around 55 when nobody at home (weekday daytime), then around 64 at night. Can they survive in our house without green house? I am planning to take one day off and drive to Logee's to buy the plants. (about 1.5 hours from where I live), but before I do that. I want to see if they can endure the low temp. I do not want to bring them home just to freeze them to death. Or should I just forget about the idea of growing these plants in our house? which one in my list is relatively easier for a newbie like myself? Is there other fragrant plants that can endure the low temp? And finally is now a good time to get plants or should I wait till spring time. Would plants are healthier in spring time - If so I might be just wait. But wanted have some thing so that the winter does not look that dreadful.

Sorry for all the questions, any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Comments (52)

• olympia_gardener
    11 years ago

Greendlae, I kept my house temperature pretty low, between 55-65 and half of my plants are in a spare room down stair with heat vents are all closed.I would say it temperature is around 50 in winter... could be lower too...I have never actually measured the temperature on each floors. But that room is pretty cold. can't stay there long without a thick sweater on. They are not happy but have survived the winter this way for many years. My Jasmine sambac MOO is more or less in dormant stage during the winter time.
    I think the big challenge of growing plants in winter is not the temperature, it is the water. Since most plants slow down in growth and are kept indoor, they don't need as much water as they do in active growth stage in spring or summer. Holding off watering the plants is hard thing for many of us to do... as result, many plants die in root rot.

• greendale
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, Olympia. I have more confidence to acquire some these plants now.

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

There's also scented foliage to consider, if you like the plants/odors. Creeping thyme, some Plectranthus, Pelargoniums, Rosemary. Most of my Basil cuttings survive in water through the winter.

Totally agree with the water advice. I don't do a lot of flushing/soaking while plants are inside, just sips. We don't run the central heat because it dries the air too much for my comfort. It stays 55-70 in here, depending on the temp outside. A couple radiant heaters can only do so much. Plants seem to love it, as long as they're getting enough light.

Also a firm believer in running a fan near plants for an hour or so a couple times a day. Ceiling fan on low is great.

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

You are all way toooo funny, especially you Annie!lol

You made my day with this thread and it just so happens I have everyone of tehse plants, doubles in fact! lol

I actually live a bit closer to Logee's by 15 minutes and I LOVE going there to relieve stress too. But Annie, I have not sinned in a while.lol

Let me tell you that if you go, take a close look at all their plants growing in the huge COOL greenhouse which is kept colder than your home.
    They grow the 'Osmanthus' and the 'Alba' in there.
    They also have fragrant 'Camellia' in there, which I have 3 of, oh my, so nice.
    They also have certain 'Jasmines' which need cool temps in order to bloom. In fact, all of teh plants I mentioned do much better in cool conditions in which I keep mine in.

If your conditions are too warm, this is what you get. A bunch of healthy grren plants with no flowers!
    Many that you mention need a cooling period to flower profusely for you. Would you believe that even certain orchids do?

I would start with the 'Osmanthus' since for me it is so tolerant of neglect, except for growing in non-porous mixes.

I would also suggest you follow teh advice of Olympia and others here whom I am god friends from teh fragrant forums.

Mike:-)

• jason83
    11 years ago

All of those things you'd like to get won't be too cold in those kinds of temperatures. Do keep in mind the cold requirement of certain things as mentioned (jasmines in particular), but I can't believe what Logees is charging for their stuff. I can get a gallon container of sambac or confederate jasmine from Lowes for $5! And they're huge plants... I guess that's the same as me, I'd pay $100's for a lilac that would grow and bloom down here, but sadly they do not.

Good luck with your new fragrant beauties :)

• greendale
    Original Author
    11 years ago

So. I went to Logee's today. And the north street (the street that logee's on) is under construction - I was circling around and could find their building for a while. the detour sign is not that clear - to say the least. But oh boy, what a crowded greenhouse they have. NO - not people, the plants, big plants/vines all around the path, and you have to yield for another person to pass by. Wish I took some pictures. And I am way over my budget when I left the greenhouse. I was planning to get at most two plants only as I am not that experienced on house plant plus winter time is even harder to keep the plants happy in a non-greenhouse environment. But I had a hard time to make decision of which one should stay there. Instead, 7 plants (1 Osmanthus Fragrans, 1 Aglaia Odorata, 1 Murraya Paniculata, 2 Citrus and 1 Hoya) came home with me today. It's good they have Michelia Figo but do not have Michelia Alba (since I heard from here that Alba is the one, so the decision of not getting the figo is an easy one :).

They all in 2.5 inch pots, I wish they have something larger (for instant appreciation :)). How long will I see they are flowering? Actually, what surprise me is the Osmanthus and Citrus are flowering even they are rooted cuttings. Although I am suprised, I still got those with flowers. The theory is even if they can not survive this winter, at least I smelled their scent. :)

• greendale
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hoya kerrii (Varigated)The leaf shape is interesting. Eventhough it's not flowering.

• greendale
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I choosed the one that with flower on it. (Maybe should be better choose one that without flower). If everything goes good, I should get flower next year even the plant is young? Or is this a cutting with flower from mother plant and then rooted?

• greendale
    Original Author
    11 years ago

How many years will I be able to enjoy the flower?

• greendale
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Murraya Paniculata

• jason83
    11 years ago

If the parent plant is of flowering age, then the hormones present to produce flowering are now existent in the plant, including any clones/cuttings you take and propagate into individual plants. I would say yeah, they're all flowering age, but if they are newly rooted cuttings, you should remove the blooms and let the plant focus on roots.

I may very well be suggesting the impossible though. It probably won't hurt things *too* much to leave the flowers on there, but I'd certainly deadhead them once the flowers are spent, because then it'll want to make seed or fruit and use that energy instead of making roots.

• greendale
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Was swinging between it and Jasminum sambac �Maid of Orleans�. Are they vine or shrub like?

• greendale
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hope I will see the flower next year

• greendale
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Why I have to put a message to be able to submit?

• jason83
    11 years ago

I was trying to write to tell you that the sambac jasmine is a woody-type shrub, but it kept rejecting my message. I hope it goes through this time. Your plants all look lovely :)

• greendale
    Original Author
    11 years ago

All the plants are root bound. I usually using Al's Gritty Mix(Turface, Grit and Pine Bark Fines), but since it is winter. I did a potting up for the Osmanthus - using what I have on hand - Miracle Grow Soil and Repbark (I should get their soil from logee's when I check out, it is right there - but struggling with which plants stay and totally forgot), but after potting up and watering, I can see the water did not drain away for a long time. Feeling not comfortable of watering with this water retentive soil. I decided to bare root the citrus and re-potted them in gritty mix (without cutting any roots). I still have 3 plants in their original 2.5inch pot. What will you suggest? potting up using Miracle Grow and bark or repot into gritty mix?

• greendale
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jason:

So you are saying that the cutting rooted with flower (not the cutting rooted and then develop the flower)? I should not get these pots with flowers as it actually not contribute to the plant health in a long run? One of the citru actually has tiny fruit started. (the cashier pointed out to me). Should I remove them so that the plant do not direct its energy to develop the fruits?

I had the (wrong) impression that "Grand Duke of Tuscany" is shrubbery and "Maid of Orlean" is vine - the reason I got Duke of Tuscany.

And wish I can get Jasmine in Lowes'. I do not think our Lowes here even carry Jasmine at all. :(

I will read and reply the rest replies tomorrow - it way pass my bed time now.

Thanks

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

Hey, congratulations on your findings! I'll be you are all excited:-)

Repotting was a great idea and not getting their soil was also a smart choice!

Jason is correct in saying that the fruiting will slow the root growing process down. I don't take off any flowers on mine though and in fact always look for the flowering ones they have, even in a 2 inch pot! It seems that Jason knows his stuff and is also right in that all your plants are at flowering and fruiting stage. How about that?
    Using a gritty or porous mix is key to their survival and vitality.
    I would take them all out of their original mix as you are doing now.

As for the 'Duke', that is a very tough plant to keep alive or much less happy in cool conditions. They will ONLT thrive in warm to hot conditions in a ton of sun. I can grow anything, but not this one because I do not have the sun nor the warmth for its health, which then draws a second problem, spider mites.

Good luck on them all and enjoy the fragrance, but most of all on the 'Duke':-)

Hey, by the way, was that you I almost pushed over in one of those very skinny walk ways at Logee's? lol

• olympia_gardener
    11 years ago

LOL...

OMG, greendale, you did it all... and more. Congrats and welcome to the sinners' club.
    planned for one and ended with 7... sounded so familiar to me. this past summer, I made final decision of only getting one orchid each year to slow down my orchids expansion. I went to the local orchids farm to get the ONE. Guess what, I came out with armful of orchids plus a staff with armful of orchids following behind me to help me load the car... Can't help it, they are all very fragrant , and I couldn't decide on which one, so I got them all... LOL.

Your plants all look very healthy. You are luck that you can pick out plant that is healthy with well developed root system. Most my mail order plants, I don't see root poking out at the bottom. Many times, when I repot, I have to looking for the root in side the soil. You have experiences of growing plants in gritty mix. you are in master level. I am still struggling with the gritty mix and only can handle modified 511.. should not call it 511 anymore since the portion is not the same. Just keep them on the dry side, they will be fine during the winter.
    Is that citrus a Meyer lemon? If it is, it will bloom throughout the winter. If I remember it right, the citrus grow better in 511 mix in cold area... This, you might have to check with Meyer Mike. He lives in your area and is a master of container grow citrus... Just don't believe a word of what he said not sinned recently... Maybe he has not sinned since this morning...LOl

Moo is shrubbish vine... its branches can grow pretty long like vine. But I usually prune it short so I have never known how long it can grow if I don't prune it off. MOO is fast grow plant if the weather is warm and give it a lot of sun shine. It blooms on the tip of new grow so the more it gets haircut, the more flowers it has. But the Duke is different. It is slow grow, not very vigorous. It is in no hurry to grow branches, or flowers in our climate. But its flower is bigger and multi- petals.

Good luck and keep us posted

11 years ago

If buying a plant purely for the flowers, there's nothing that could convince me to remove them. That's the whole point and it's doing what is desired of it, obviously capable of doing it, getting what you paid for. I'm not spending unless there is instant gratification and I've never seen a jasmine for less than $15, but also have never seen one that wasn't fairly large and covered with blooms. I would only buy a plant I only liked FOR the blooms with blooms on it because like you said, if I kill it, the money and waiting were for naught.

But at the same time, I'm inspired by the optimism, patience and resilience-of-spirit of those who take risks on smaller and/or not-blooming-right-now plants. Plain green leaves certainly are not UNattractive at all, it's just my personal preference to be more drawn to variegation and/or more striking shape of some type. When a beautiful plant ya bought with like 132 buds has turned spindly and spider-mitey from not having enough light, it's a bummer, maybe I'm just not over it yet (or the others.)

I also admit, plants all get pretty much the same treatment, with varying light of course, and the last time I killed a Jasmine, I didn't know anything about cold showers to thwart/minimize/sorta control spider mites. But I don't have colder or warmer places, or the discipline to follow timing tricks or fertilizer regimes, so some plants just don't mesh with that. Oh Jasmine, I love you even if we're not compatible! At least not the house plant kind. Trying to propagate some cuttings from DH's Mom's vine in her yard. That blooms reliably if only annually, no space inside required if the yard's warm enough.

Bottom line, you can't smell the flowers if you don't have the plants, putting my chances at 0%, no hope, and your chances at 100% for those with blooms, and "something%" for those that don't yet (said with complete confidence and good luck to you!!) Just seeing the blooms/buds in your pics is enough to cause sniff yearning.

• greendale
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Mike,

It might be. Saw a guy drooling all over the floor in front the citrus. :)

I enjoyed viewing your pictures of all you plants. (Frangrant or non-frangrant and Jade trees) they are all healthy and beautiful. Was wondering how you can do it and you are in the same area as I am. "He has greenhouse". :) (Just allow me to use that as an excuse for now). Seriously though, I know you are very diligent on taking care of your plants.

Yes. The cool house called big house I think. (I find Figo and Osmanthus there) banana trees and Camelia are there too. They have a couple big Camelia trees are flowering right now. But I did smell any frangrant. (Yes, I smelled every different flower to see if it has scents). They Amazon lily also blossoming this time of year, it is very frangrant. (I did not get one though, need to do some research before I get something)

I will continue the re-potting work for the rest of the plants and redo the re-potting for Osmanthus. Thanks for all the suggestions, I am sure I will have more questions later. Expecially to you, Mike - as I have the closest climate as yours.

• greendale
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Olympia:

I know. I know. I kept telling myself - maybe I should get just one or two - in case they can not survive? I can still come back when it getting warmer? Then I thought, it is so small, get it earlier then I can enjoy it earlier. Gas price is so high, better get more for one trip. :) The cashier just looked at me put in then put out and then put in.

I am by no means at master level. I am still learning and one thing I like the gritty mix is you do not need to worry about when /how much to water. I mostly use gritty mix not 511 as I had a hard time to find pine bark fine. (repbark is too expensive)

• greendale
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Purple

I thought about scented leaves plants too. It much easier to just grow leaves, right? :)

I could not decide to get one with flowers or the one without flowers. Finally, I was thinking, it is flowering when I got it, so in the case I can not get it flower again it must be something I did do right - instead of just find an easy excuse "I might get the one that never flowers" :) and plus the instant appreciation. :)

• olympia_gardener
    11 years ago

Greendale, I am really jealous that you actually smelled the Amazon Lily. this is wow.. How do you describe its fragrance?.

I have a Amazon Lily but it is still a big bulb. Can't wait for it to grow and bloom. I saw Toni's post. Hers takes years , still not sure it is bloomed yet...Kind of losing track ...I hope it is not another 6 years waiting deal again...

• greendale
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It is different - compare to the scent of Citrus. To me Citrus is more sweet and ripe - more like you sit in front of fireplace for a while in a cold winter night. But Amazon Lily is a more delicate fragrance, still a little sweet - but more like you walk on the grass after a spring rain. It is kind hard to describe the fragrance though, for one, fragrance is very personal and there is not enough words to describe fragrance.

• olympia_gardener
    11 years ago

greendale

Thanks for trying to describe the scent. fragrant definately is very personal thing... some people may love its scent, some people can't stand it... But your comparison give me some idea of what the Amazon Lily's smell like...

I saw you got a kumquat Fukushu�. I have this plant too. I love its flower scent. Mine usually blooms in later summer. When it is in bloom, the air in that general area is perfumed with nice sweet scent. Its fruits are pretty large comparing with other kumquats I have. Kumquat are much easier to grow as houseplant than Meyer lemon. But Meyer lemon blooms all year long.

• greendale
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Olympia:

Thanks for the information about the Kumquat - that's what I needed. The Kumquat I got also flowering right now - but it is a small plant so you have to put your nose up against it to smell the fragrant - it good enough for me :)

Another citrus I got is Citrus Sinensis "Robertson" Naval, I have no idea what it is. (while it is citrus) - got it only because it is flowering. (I did cut those flowers that start fruit off last night)

Meyer Lemon blooms all year long? I should get one of these. Maybe next trip? :) (Now I heard Jasmine MOO is also
    all year long bloom - it is on the list too.)

• kemistry
    11 years ago

Hi everyone!

Greendale .. good buy! And i'm sure by next Fall you won't have just 7 plants ;)

If you like the scent of jas sambac I recommend getting a Belle of India next time. It's a fast grower, faster than the Duke and is more fragrant than the Maid of Orleans.
    I'm glad you are looking into the Michelia Alba. But of course *if you have the space* Michelia figo is another good one too so don't pass it up. :)

Can you believe it, i was ready to 'sin' yesterday when Logees extended its 20% off sale date. I wanted to get a Coffee plant and an African gardenia. It's a good thing that [sometimes] I could control my impulse. Lol.

11 years ago

Hi Kemistry. Coffee plant? Can't be the same thing they have at WM for a few $$'s...? Does it make coffee-scented flowers?

• fenius
    11 years ago

Hi guys!
    Finally some free time to read posts.. Greendale you are well on your way to surpass us all! I 'm thinking of belle of india too, lately... Kemistry, by african gardenia you mean mitriostigma axillare? I'm so jealous of logees, once I stumbled upon the site and it had so many plants that I cannot find anywhere here...

• kemistry
    11 years ago

Hi purpleinopp .. yup coffee is in the same family as gardenia so it has fragrant flowers. The ones sold locally (as well as WM) are seedlings which won't bloom for another 3+ years. Logees has rooted cuttings propagated from mature plants. Those will bloom much sooner. :)

fenius.. yup mitriostigma axillare. I want it after seeing Mike's pretty pictures of his African gardenia. Lol. :)

• olympia_gardener
    11 years ago

greendale, the meyer lemon is evergreen and blooms all year long. Boy, its scent smells so good. It can take some cold temperature so works well in cold climate. The only thing is that it is light sensitive. When you move it from outdoor to/from indoor, it might drop leaves... wouldn't kill it,leaves will grow back in no time. it just protests the change... I don't blame it... we all resist to change anyway...LOL.
    J. Moo or Belle of India, if you give it enough light and temperature, it will bloom all year long. But when they are indoor, the light/temperature requirements are hard to meet, so they don't do too much in winter time indoor here. I agree with Kemistry, the scent of Belle smell a little better than MOO, but Moo requires lower temperature to grow than Belle.

Kemistry, if you do not mind small plant, I have spare coffee that I will be happy to send it to you. I was looking at African gardenia too, have not decided when to get it yet, but eventually I will... there are too many fragrant plants on the list. I move list up and down several time a week...

Purple, the Arabia coffee plant's flower is highly scented. It pleases your nose first , then pleases your taste and nose again, isn't this plant wonderful?

fenius, which part of Greece are you at? I will be EURO next summer. Don't know how legal it is to bring plants into EURO zone, otherwise, I can help bring you couple plants to EURO at least.

• fenius
    11 years ago

are you visiting?? will you come to greece?? that would be so cool olympia!!I'll choose the two most impossible and let you know in the summer if it is not a problem.. Let me know if you want some of ours so I can prepare them for you!

• olympia_gardener
    11 years ago

fenius, I will travel in EURO zone about a month sometime June/July. Planning for France, German, maybe England, want to squeeze in Italy, Greece, and Span and other countries such as dutch, Swiss in between. Should have enough room for couple small plants in the luggage if the Custom allows. let me know what are your top most wanted list or hard to get list.

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

Well, now Annie, did you get your package from my MOm..?lol

By the way, if you hot up Germany, there is some awefully nice plants I'd like,,lol

Mike

• fenius
    11 years ago

What are they mike?

• olympia_gardener
    11 years ago

Hi, Mike, I Still did not get the package yet. When did you send it out and is it UPS or Postal?
    June/July is pretty hot there, but I have no choice. I can always lay on the beach.

• greendale
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi, Everybody, Stop telling me there are more fragrant plants. :)

Kemistry, No, I have not smelled any Jasmine Sambac, but everybody in town (this forum) is talking about it, so I thought it is a must have. I already tempted by the Jasmine MOO and now Belle of India - how many varieties out there.

They have a Africa Gardenia in full bloom in the green house, and I liked the fragrant - but intimated by the name of Gardenia. (now I know it is not Gardenia)

I also see Coffee and Tea tree in there, Do their leaves have any fragrant or the fragrant is on flowers only?

One more question, I know the plants that we buy could be seedling (grow from seed), rooted cutting or grafted (more for citrus), I know seedling need more time to mature, but what different between rooted cutting and grafted, or from an amateur grower perspective, they are basically no difference? for a rooted cutting, let say mother of the cutting is 5 years old, is the cutting's age (tree age rings) also 5 years old?

Hi, Fenius, Mike might want some colorful Jade from Germany. :)

11 years ago

Thanks, Kemistry. Another plant probably "coming soon, to a shelf near me."

• fenius
    11 years ago

what is jade?? Strongylodon or crassula sp??I'm not familiar with succulents!
    Ok, my current impossible to find in europe are posoqueria longiflora, randia ruiziana(these are the ones from logees I was jealous of), calycanthus "venus" and believe it or not aloysia virgata.. (I even managed to find epigaea repens this year!!)

• olympia_gardener
    11 years ago

Hi, Kemistry, it is good to know that it only takes 3 year for the coffee plant to bloom... I have enough patient to wait, as long as it does not die on me...

fenius, I am not familiar with cacti and succulent at all, but I am now after I got 15 of them @.25 each at Lowes the night before... Life can change very fast...LOL

• greendale
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Crassula he had a post showing his colorful jade trees. I can not speak for him though. :)
    Olympia .25? You sure that' not a typo?

This post was edited by greendale on Thu, Nov 29, 12 at 23:13

• greendale
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Crassula he had a post showing his colorful jade trees . I can not speak for him though. :)
    Olympia .25? You sure that' not a typo?

This post was edited by greendale on Thu, Nov 29, 12 at 23:10

• olympia_gardener
    11 years ago

greendale , yes, 25 cents each... this is the reason I got carried away...

11 years ago

Oh jeez. I would have bought them all!

• birdsnblooms
    11 years ago

Howdy,

Green, Congrats on your new plants..They're very pretty, and larger than most plants Logee's ships.

Are you still looking for Michaela Alba? If you order plants online, go to Amazon..There's a nursery called 9GreenBox that sells, larger plants..Don't know if Alba's available now, but it's worth checking.
    If 9GreenBox is out of stock, contact them. They're plants are large.

I bought an Aglaia from 9GB this summer for 14.99.
    Here's the size they ship..

Sorry, the picture is dark, but hopefully you can see enough to compare.

Kemistry..what's the secret getting Coffee to flower and berry?
    My Coffee tree is 10-15 yrs old..never once did it flower. I bought it at HD as a baby; the first I was able to keep w/o dying.. :)

Green...there's numerous online nurseries, including Ebay to find plants..it's a little more difficult now that winter is approaching, but come spring, many different fragrants will be on the market..

Good luck, Toni

• greendale
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Olympia, I would get carry away too for that price. We never had such sales around here. And which do you put on your southern window now? your fragrant plants or your cactus ?:) Yes, my newly acquired fragrant plants occupied all my southern windows and Succulents are secondary citizen now. :)

Toni, that's a good size Aglaia for that price. I never tried internet shopping for plants. One is you do now know what you will get (size, healthy wise), also the shipping charge can be used for another plant. I know I am cheap. :) I will check the place you mentioned though.

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

Greendale, how did you know!!!!? lol

That was a great guess. You know how I feel about jades next to fragrant plants:-)

Toni, that is beautiful! I have one just like it, obviously from your bad example from the same company..lol

Annie, if you or anyone of my dear friends want a cutting of any of my jades, just let me know. I would be willing to start a cutting with my good friends here, very few and rare:_)

By the way, Mom sent you something and it's obvious you never got a package, so I will resend next week! I tried to call you and waited for a call back:-(

Good nigh all:-)

Hello Fenius, Purple, and Kemistry! I wish you all well:-) So good to see you all:-)

Mike

• birdsnblooms
    11 years ago

Green or is it Dale?

As far as choosing a reputable online nursery.
    Well, there's always GW...asking people if they ordered from 'x' nursery and their opinions.

Second..have you heard of Gardenwatchdog? You can check a nursery's feedback there. Go to www.gardenwatchdog.com click on first letter of nursery, scroll down until you find the name, then click...99% is honest feedback.

Shipping...It's true, there are shipping charges, 'sometimes free shipping though,' but unless a nursery happens to be in the state you reside, it's tax-less.
    Our county tax is, if not one, the highest in the US.
    Some people on Ebay offer free shipping, others charge a small fee..Of course, there are some sellers who take advantage, charge over-priced handling fees. Those I avoid.

Also, there's hundreds if not thousands rare plants you can only find online.
    Never locally. A very BIG plus buying online. :)

Nope, you're not cheap, you're cautious. These days, you must be careful. One reason it's best finding reputable nurseries..where people you've talked to shopped or checking Gardenwatchdog.

Mike, I believe we got our Ag's around the same time..definately, same month. Yours arrived a few days to a week after mind.

I think it was Robert who got me started w/Ags..it's all his fault..lol. j/k.

Toni

• greendale
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh, Mike, the whole world know how much you love your colored Jade trees. :)

Toni, Neither, it is just my screen name. We have talked couple times in house plant forum, I think.

Felix