Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anything fragrant grow under fluorescents in office?

Posted by knight2255 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 10, 13 at 15:12

Looking to buy some seeds to start something for a totally indoor office environment. No outside sun at all.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anything fragrant grow under fluorescents in office?

I suspect Callisia fragrans could find that enough light to bloom, but man it's a gangly, unruly, untidy-looking plant.

How many hours per day are the lights on? Would it be possible to have a fluorescent lamp on your desk? That would make a huge difference vs. just the bulbs 7+ feet overhead.

o

Yeah, I could probably rig up a lamp with a grow bulb on a timer and set that up a few hours after work is over.

o

If running the lamp while you're there and the other lights are on is not a problem, I would probably just do that. So now, I wish I could think of some great suggestions, hopefully someone with some experience growing under lights will. Maybe an orchid?

o

Hoya lacunosa blooms indoors and is fragrant

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here