Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trachelospermum 'Pink Showers'

Posted by ispahan 6a Chicago (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 21, 09 at 18:19

I just noticed that Logee's has a pink-flowered star jasmine, Trachelospermum 'Pink Showers', available as part of its new listings for 2010. If it grows anything like the yellow version they sell as T. asiaticum, I am sure this is going to be a great, easy-going house plant.

I have seen 'Pink Showers' listed at Nurseries Caroliniana but I have never gotten around to ordering it from them.

My yellow version is still setting buds on my windowsill even during these cold, dark, short December days. I love its pure sweet fragrance that intensifies at night.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trachelospermum 'Pink Showers'

As an update, I have now had this plant for several weeks and it is settling in nicely in its new home :) No flowers yet, but I do not really expect any until the spring.

I will report back on fragrance when it blooms.

o

Thanks for letting us know about it. I just checked it on Logee's after seeing your post. Its quite pretty. If this one smells any better than the white one, I will definitely make room for it. Can't wait for your report back on it.

o

I would love to get one of these pink ones. Is it like T. Jasminoides, just with pink flowers?

Here is a link that might be useful: Star Jasmine

o

I would love to get the update on fragrance on this.

o

Fragrance was very strong and very different from both T. jasminoides and T. asiaticum. The quality, however, was not as good as either of those two species For me, it was a kind of "whatever" fragrance so I no longer grow it. On the other hand, it was quite easy to grow, vigorous and had no problems of any kind.

o

Thanks, ipsahan. :)

o

• Posted by jimshy z7 Brooklyn NY (My Page) on
    Fri, May 27, 11 at 16:39

I'll second what ispahan said; mine's now budding up for its second big flush of blooms this year -- the fragrance is not as awesome as t. asiaticum/Mandianum/whatever-they're-calling-it-this-year, but the plant is easy, pretty tough, and the pink color makes a nice change.

Just ordered another trach from Cistus, I think I'm becoming addicted . . . .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here