Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fragrantgrower

For those who love tuberoses...

but couldn't get yours to bloom this year like me (thanks to the 8ft fence we put up that shaded them) check Whole Foods. They sometimes have them in their cut flower section. I live in Tulsa and this is the second time I've seen them.

It's not the same as growing them yourself but they sure do smell great!

-Robert

Comments (7)

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    12 years ago

AWESOME! THey look so beautiful. I can see why it was named 'The Pearl' now.

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

They are gorgeous...and you definitely know it when there's a tuberose in the room. Talk about wafting! :)

• sabatiaman
    12 years ago

Hello:

For years I grew Polanthes tuberose (double) 'pearl' with 'fair' success in flowering, then some yrs ago, they stopped flowering, plenty of healthy leaves,.......I did everything to get them to flower, divide them up when they seemed crowded, fertilized them, they got PLENTY of sun, plenty of moisture, well drained....you name it, they had it..... still no flowers no matter what I did......what's wrong?? I've thrown in the towel with'em!!

• rexedwardfairy
    12 years ago

Oh gorgeous! Well I'm trying them out for the first time. Not going so fabulous, but I'm still tweaking ideas...When I perfect them, I'll post my own fabulous photo - meantime thanks for the inspiration!

• User
    12 years ago

What do they smell like?

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

What do tuberoses smell like? Good question. I'm terrible at describing scents however Kemistry has stated that tuberoses remind him of coconut, gardenia and jasmine. You might be able to smell some at local florist shops or grocery stores that carry cut flowers. I think you'll like them once you've smelled them. ;)

• kemistry
    12 years ago

Tuberose is my top-2 favorite fragrance. It is exquisite! Like a refined version of gardenia and jasmine if that's even possible ":)