Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ottawan_z5a

About "Fast Growing Trees Nursery"

ottawan_z5a
9 years ago

I just came across this nursery for the first time:
http://www.fast-growing-trees.com/FruitTrees.htm

Has anyone dealt with this nursery. It shows its location in 'Fort Mills, SC'. It says it ships to Canada.
Are they trustworthy?

Comments (9)

• rayrose
    9 years ago

I've never heard of them and I'm in Columbia, SC. Their rating on Reseller Ratings is only 4.67 out of a possible 10. They seem to specialize in ordinary trees, not fruit trees. This is a fruit tree forum and if you're looking to buy fruit trees, I'd look elsewhere.

• Konrad___far_north
    9 years ago

Can't say but they have taken my plum picture without asking!
    Superior plum, actually, it's not even Superior, it's Supreme. Been doing a little patrolling lately, one nursery stole 3!
    When contacting them, he still was defiant and I was called a pest.
    All in all about 4 nurseries. I was taught from my mother that you should always ask before taking, that still stands today but ignored by dishonest people.

• zendog
    9 years ago

Konrad, that is pretty evil. I think you should set up a Web site offering your photos as stock photography, pricing them nice and high to establish their value, then send them an invoice. Include a screenshot of their page so they know you have a permanent record of what they've done. You can even just spend about 5 minutes to put up your shots on an existing service like Pond5, which I've linked below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pond 5 stock photography.

• drew51 SE MI Z5b/6a
    9 years ago

I'm a serious amateur photographer, and you have an implied copyright to the photo. I would inform them they are in violation of copyright law. And you can pursue legal action. It's always nice to have a stock photography company behind you to help with these matters. They usually have the lawyers to threaten them with. Most lawyers won't take a case under 10 grand. But corporate lawyers will file if they do not remove or pay for photo.
    I would consider joining a stock photo company. Your photos are valuable enough for them to use.
    It can't hurt to send them a cease and desist order. google for examples.

This post was edited by Drew51 on Thu, Jan 22, 15 at 11:30

• Konrad___far_north
    9 years ago

Thank you all for advise!
    Need to do something in the future.
    Most comply and apologize, I had some pictures given for free but credited to my name. You wouldn't believe how nasty some react. Excuses excuses. Sometimes they even take pictures for their own private blog, ..just so it looks good.

• thecityman, Zone 7a/6b near Nashville
    9 years ago

Konrad, that just completely blows my mind that a company would come here and steal your photos and post them on their for-profit web sites without crediting you! WOW. I'd send a certified, return receipt requested, cease and desist letter for sure. Practically speaking its probably one of those things that financially wouldn't be worth the costs of out of state legal action...but you should out them by name and let the world know about their sleazy actions-especially if they are jerks about it after you notify them with a C&D letter!

• ottawan_z5a
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks all for your responses.
    I asked because their adds made me curious like a TyTy adds will do. Everything was advertised at 50% off the regular process and the regular price seemed more than twice the market going price in many mail order nurseries in US.

• olpea
    9 years ago

I suspect nurseries are now stealing Konrad's photo from other nurseries. It's almost comical these people are so dumb, they continue to call this plum Superior, even though Konrad corrected his photo years ago.

For those interested, here is the thread where Konrad first posted the photo:

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/fruit/msg081659533235.html?26

Here is the nursery page which shows Konrad's photo:
    http://www.fast-growing-trees.com/Superior-Plum-Tree.htm

Konrad, you ought to take another picture of your wooden table and send it to the nursery, just to prove it's your photo.

• Konrad___far_north
    9 years ago

Thank you all!
    They didn't take it down yet,..said they will look into.

I'd stay away from them!