Return to the Fuchsia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mail Order Sources

Posted by Gerry579 z6 MI (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 27, 05 at 22:08

Can anyone give me some mail order sources for Fuchsias, now that Dawn Farms is out of business?

Thanks everyone.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mail Order Sources

Hi Gerry,
Is this any help to you.
Fuchsialand.com used to do fuchsias, but alas no more. As I understand it, same Internet address www.fuchsialand.com
from that site you can visit 2 other company's who do fuchsia mail order
1. The Earthworks Fuchsias
2. Monniers Country Gardens

Kath :)

o

Thanks, Kath.

I used to order from Hidden Springs in Tennessee, I have a copy of Hector Black's book "Fuchsias in the South". After he died his kids turned the nursery into an organic and herb specialty and dropped the fuchsias.

It's getting harder and harder to find a mail order source. Guess I'll have to win the lottery and start my own. LOL.

o
Mail Order Sources

Take a look at Joy Creek Nursery....http://www.joycreek.com

o

I just did a search online and found a wonderful mail order website. www.fuchsias.net Looks like there are pictures for all the varieties she carries. I also lucked out and found that it's a local company. I can't wait to drive out there and buy some starts.

Hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mail order fuchsias

o

Oops, just realized you already mentioned Earthworks. Sorry for the double post.

I'm thinking about calling there tomorrow to see if I can shop early. :)

Ann

o

FYI ~ I found a wonderful site for mail order fuchsia starts. We ordered quite a few. The prices were great and all arrived in good condition. www.fuchsias.net

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fuchsia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here