Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
socal_janine

The fasciated foliage of my fuchsias...

SoCal_Janine
19 years ago

...turns out to be fuchsia gall. The good news is that it was easy to diagnose by doing a quick Web search - the bad news is that this sounds like a nasty pest indeed.

I have 20 or so fuchsia plants, all in pots. Probably a third of them seem to be affected. From what I've read, the only sure cure is to get rid of them and start over, with of course no guarantee that new plants won't have the same problem.

Does anyone know if this disease can spread to other plant varieties? Is it confined to fuchsias, or should I expect to find it on other plants now that it has a foothold? So far it seems not to have affected anything else. Should I be worried about this?

I'm thinking about isolating all the fuchsias in the rehab area that I have behind the garage (away from the other plants), cutting them back as hard as possible, then dosing them all with Sevin. Any thoughts on whether or not this is worth doing? Maybe I should just pitch them all, but I hate to do that...some of them are over 10 years old, and I would be sorry to lose them.

I appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.

Thanks!

-Janine

Comment (1)

Sponsored