Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eureka_gw

Fushia's & points to consider

eureka
13 years ago

My mother owned a home in the Sunset District of San Francisco. This falls from the zoo as boundry to Golden Gate Park to the Pacific to 19th. We had fushias all around our property. My mother did nothing special but did cut the fushias back when they would become overgrown for their areas. We lived 3 blocks from the beach, 5 from the zoo. The fushy ia's just thrived and grew.

Now I understand that fushias are under attack by mites, something new that wasn't a problem. I asked some questions recently of Annie from Annie's Annuals and Perennials. Her nursery offers the best in natives as well as in the plants that famously thrive in the Bay Area. She carries a variety of fushias but also recommends that people with questions go to the Fushia Society. You will need to Google to find the exact name. I believe they can offer the most correct remedy for the things that are keeping your fushias from being their best. The most important item that I believe is essential for fushias are the need for humidity. If you do not have high humidity like the Bay Area, you're probably likely to struggle with your fushias. The Bay Area does not typically suffer from freezing temps either. So all you need is the environment similar to the Bay Area and your fushias will thrive.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH