Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goddess9_gw

Help?

goddess9
12 years ago

I bought a Fuchsia Sunday at the Philly Flower Show. It had one bud about to bloom and two smaller ones. I admit that while trying to EXIT the show, it (and the 5 other small plants I had) probably didn't like me because I had to move around a lot.

I put it near a west-facing window and had to move it from my bed to a table depending on time of day. I think that was my first mistake - it kept shedding the buds when I moved it. So I decided that I was being a meathead and left it on the sill with one small bud left on it. Just looking at it, I knew it wouldn't get to bloom. It fell off on me this morning. The little growth it has on it partially crumbled on me. I have two new buds coming in and that's it.

I read it's a heavy feeder and I only water it when I can't feel any moisture on my fingers. I have yet to get fertilizer for it. It's in a small 2-3" pot and I don't see it being rootbound (I'm too scared I will injure the small plant trying to look at the root ball). What am I doing wrong?

BTW, hi everyone. I usually frequent the C&S forums but I am trying my hand at flowering plants now. I don't think I have the touch, haha.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County