Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dgreenr

Why is my fuschia dying?!

DgreenR
19 years ago

Hi All,

I have had an upright fuschia growing in my dining room for the entire winter. It defoliated and went dormant for awhile, but then starting getting lots of new growth. Then a bunch of the new growth dried up and died, but I think that was my fault for watering too little. For awhile there has been a few healthy, new shoots of growth. For some reason today one of the main ones wilted and is bent over. I watered it a few days ago and it is still fairly damp an inch down in the soil. I am suspicious of some kind of bug or virus. I did see a few of its leaves drying around around the edges not too long ago. It was almost like the slow effects of spider mites, but no mites. I checked it closely for spider mites (which I have had and defeated before). I also have a hibiscus plant near by that had some aphids and some clear sap-like substance on some of the leaves. I'm wondering if it the same thing on a small scale. I've heard of this sappy problem before, but what is it and how do I get rid of it? Does anyone have an idea of what might be happening to this plant? I would really like to keep this plant alive. I'm hoping it will get some new growth as well. It has some thicker brown branches that are alive, but dont have any foliage. I fertilized it for the first time this winter last week. I gave it a miracle grow stick.

Thanks!

-DR

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH