Return to the Fuchsia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fuchsia at Wal-Mart

Posted by cosmo_kramer Nac, TX Z8 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 4, 05 at 11:31

I got one of the hanging fuchsias from Wal-mart a couple of weeks ago. The flowers are dark purple and pink. If anyone has seen these and knows what kind they are, can you let me know so that I can find out some info on them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fuchsia at Wal-Mart

Perhaps it is a dark eyes fuchsia.

Sarah

Here is a link that might be useful: Dark Eyes

o

looks similar but i dont think my flower buds get as big before they open. I'll take a closer look when i get home.

o

If it is the same one my Walmart is selling it is FuchsiaXhybrida Double Type. Good luck. I have decided to buy one of these though my understanding is it is near to impossible to keep them alive through our summers. Oh well will enjoy it as long as I can.

o

Eliz is right, you can't keep them alive during the summer in Texas. But they will make excellent house plants during the summer if you have a sunny window. That is my plan.

o

I too, bought one of these from Wal-Mart. GORGEOUS! I kept mine alive through our hot, humid summer here in Northwest Arkansas keeping it in shade with a little sun dappled through the trees. Did wonderful! Brought inside for winter got pretty ugly though as I do not get enough light into the house. It is back outside now, hopefully it will soon be gorgeous!

o

Question for those who have grown these plants in the past. Can I purchase one of these nice larger, healthy plants and divide it? In Northern California I can them keep them alive during the summer but have not tried to keep one over the winter yet. But at the prices we pay locally for these babies, I would like to buy two plants and have four if such a thing is possible.

Thank you.

Kate

o

A bit risky to divide it Kate, you might loose both. Much better to take cuttings, see how to do this in the FAQ's - Kath :)

Here is a link that might be useful: http://faq.gardenweb.com/faq/lists/fuchsia/2002105110000362.html

o

Thank you.

Kate

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fuchsia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here