Return to the Fuchsia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Received fuchsias from Earthworks, now what?

Posted by piksi_hk 9 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 12, 05 at 18:15

I have received two fuchsias from Earthworks: Dark Eyes and Voodoo. Upon arrival, one of the Dark Eyes branches was broken. Then all the bigger leaves withered and dropped off; only one leaf is left and it is withering.
The branch have 3 small side branches with small leaves.

The Voodoo is OK. One main branch with several smaller branches.

Both are still in the 3 inch pot. What is the next step?
They have been under shade for the last 3 weeks.
Soil is moist.

I'm in zone 9 with lots of humidity. I know, they are not suited for my climate but I have to try.

Piksi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Received fuchsias from Earthworks, now what?

Hi Piksi,
The withering of the leaves of Dark Eyes, was probably due to your conditions being a bit different from the premises where you purchased them, not to worry, it will sprout new leaves again.

Yes that's correct, keep in shade and keep moist, not soaking wet. To encourage a bushier plant you could pinch out the growing tips. When you see roots coming out of the drainage holes, then it is time to pot-up into the next size pot.
You can start feeding with a balanced feed NPK 20-20-20 at a quarter strength twice a week. - Kath :)

o

Piksi, can you tell me howmuch Earthworks charged for the Fuchsias? One page on their site says the 2 1/2" pots of Fuchsi starts are $0.75, while another page on the site offers starts for $3.00 per start. I am confused, but then again, it's probably just me... :-)

Marc

o

Hi, Marc.

You posted your question a month ago, but it seems nobody replied. I thought I'd answer it just in case you were still wondering:

Starts at Earthworks are $3. I've placed two orders with them already this year, so believe me, I know.

-Crazy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fuchsia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here