Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lori47_gw

fuchsia

lori47
14 years ago

Hi, quick question....when I bought my fuchsia it had lovely big flowers and then it grew a lot of little unimpressive flowers and most of them are falling off before they open, what did I do wrong and how do I get it to grow the big impressive flowers that I bought it for? thanks

Comments (2)

• ifraser25
    14 years ago

You are from Canada right? You bought this plant in April when it was still relatively cool. Now it is warming up a bit...? Fuschias originate from southern Chile. The climate there is very different to central Canada. Summers are cooler and winters very much milder ( usually frost free). Try and keep your plant as cool as possible during the hot summer months and free of frost during winter. Another problem could be that it has used up its fertilizer. Try repotting into a rich organic compost and when iit is well-established feed with a liquid fertilizer once a fortnight. Hope this helps.

• gardenlover25
    14 years ago

Too much sunlight exposure will make your plant weak and the flowers will not develop properly. Make sure there is an adequate shade to cover your fuschia plant.

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Ohio