Return to the Fuchsia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Buds have green spots

Posted by neodraka TN z6b (My Page) on
Fri, May 26, 06 at 15:24

Hi forum, I've been reading posts on here for a while, because a couple of months ago I bought a blooming Fuchsia (my first) and became facinated with it. As soon as I got it home I transplanted it into a pot just slightly bigger (maybe 1.5 inches more in diameter), watered it with a very dilute mixture of Miracle-Gro (15-30-15 with Micronutrients). I figured since most forums about fuchsia said to use a low middle number fertilizer, that it couldn't hurt for the time being to use a very dilute mixture.. I usually like to feed with every watering a very weak mixture anyway. The plant gets some morning sun until about 1 pm when I bring it inside and put it in a western-facing window. Then it gets about 5 hours of filtered afternoon sun. Recently some of the larger buds have formed these green discolored spots on them. I sprayed with an insecticide, but I'm unsure to a further course of action. It has been around 29-30 degrees Celcius for about a week when it's outside but it comes inside for the heat of the day and sits with my other plants in the filtered sun. Is the problem because of the heat (It seemed to be doing better when highs were in the 25C range), or is it because I'm moving it from hot and moist to air-conditioned and dry (I have a humidifier in the room it goes into but lol it's still dry in there unless the air's off), or is the problem because of the 15-30-15 dilute mixture I water the plant with? Thanks, Chris

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fuchsia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here