Return to the Fuchsia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID please- Camellia Forest heat tolerant

Posted by fairfield8619 Zone 8 N LA (My Page) on
Fri, May 17, 13 at 17:06

CF sold this as heat tolerant and it certainly is. I'm in N La and it has done well. I know ID's are a long shot. They said that they don't know where it came from or the name. I moved house last year and planted it and didn't take very good care of it and this year it has exploded and is already 3ft tall. It did not die back this winter but it only got down to 29F. I don't think it is an 'Angel's Earring' since I have one too- this one is much more shrubby and much bigger too. Any ideas?
 photo DSCF4227.jpg
 photo DSCF4226.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID please- Camellia Forest heat tolerant

Hi
Can't help with the ID but seems like atype for me .I'm located in s. florida and know about heat lol Most usually do very well through winter then give up the ghost during summer May keep an eye out for that one IF you get an ID ?? lol gary

o

Very healthy looking and beautiful.

o

I want one!

o

Despite the hot night temps and a couple of days at 100F it is still blooming and looking very good. I haven't even fertilized it which I really need to do, it might do even a little better than it's doing now. The 'Cascading Angel's Earrings' doesn't have as big of flowers as this one either. I'm really amazed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fuchsia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here