Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dlbdemonslayer

Ballerina Blau in Central NC

DLBDemonSlayer
19 years ago

I am a newbie with fuschias. My husband and I drove over half an hour to a garden nursery (Big Bloomers for you local folks) to purchase fuschias for our new hanging baskets about 3-4 weeks ago. (We got the black metal baskets with the coconut liners.) We didn't notice any other variety (except white which we weren't interested in) so we got the Ballerina Blau. My question is, is this a trailing variety that will hang down to eventually cover the basket? It's about to bloom and it hasn't begun to hang over the sides of the basket yet. It's still erect. Did we buy the wrong variety for our purposes? Thanks so much for your help. I'm thrilled there is a forum dedictaed to this beautiful plant! I only wish I had discovered it before I bought mine. Also, will this variety perform well for me in my area? They are on an east facing porch with a shallow yard of grass and then a thin strip of woods after that. They really don't get a whole lot of sun. My only concern would be the heat of summer. How moist should the soil be and how often should I fertilize them? Now, while I wait for replies, I will browse this forum. Sorry if these have been asked before. I did a search specifically on this variety and came up empty. Thanks again!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County