Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ruffian64

New To Fushia

ruffian64
19 years ago

I posted on the "gallery" list, but thought Id post here as well. I bought a pretty Fushia plant but really need to know how to care for it. If anyone knows what it is called, they could tell me that too. It was in with the other Fushias, but it is a bit different. Much smaller leaves and flowers, and compact. The flowers are a pretty white with a bit of pink in the center. This one was missing its tag so I havent a clue what Im dealing with.

I am very new to Fushia. Ive only seen them growing in hanging pots at the stores. I didnt even know they are trees. Are they ALL trees, or do they come in a variety that is acceptable to grow in a hanging pot year round? Are they perennials or annuals. The lady at the store said it was an annual. Does it look like I have to much in the hanging pot I posted in the "gallery"? AT first I thought maybe it was a younger plant because the leaves and flowers are so small. But I dont think it would be so full and compact if it were a younger plant then the others, which were very leggy, but with way fewer branches, which were a bit thicker.I have my hanging pot where it will get morning sun, but by 1:00 the sun has moved to the other side of the house. Will it still be getting too much sun? Also, just out of curiosity, Id like to know how long I could expect this plant to grow. By long, I mean about how far will it grow down from out of the pot?

These are beautiful plants Ive seen on this forum and I have to admitt Ive fallen in love with them today. My question there is, WHERE on earth do I find these plants? I have looked all over, Lowes, Home Depot, department stores, and nursery's looking for something that would catch my eye that I could pot in a large pot. We rent and I like to use large container gardens. This looks like something I would definately love to grow but I have never seen a Fushia tree or plant other then the hanging baskets.Any ideas on where to purchase?

Thanks in Advance!

SusanH

Comments (3)

Sponsored