Return to the Fuchsia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Too hot, bring inside?

Posted by mkjones z7 TX (My Page) on
Mon, May 17, 04 at 19:20

My fuchsia hanging basket is currently under a roof awning on a north side of the house. It is sheltered with some late afternoon sun. Lots of water.....sometimes twice a day, misting, and it's still looking tightened up, as though it's not very happy. No buds.

Wondering if Texas heat warrants bringing the plant indoors and placing in a sunny window?

New at this,
Kathleen in North TX

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Too hot, bring inside?

Whatever you do Kathleen don't place it in front of a sunny window, it will 'cook', and make sure you're not overwatering it, keep it damp and misting won't hurt it as long as the sun is not shining on the plant when you do this. - Kath:)

o

Thanks, Kath! I'm going to give it a bit longer outside on the back porch.....it now has many new leaves peeking out, although the others leaves are all curling under a bit (it just looks wilty in appearance, although not wilted).

I am making sure to water ever morning, and may repot it. I'm sure it's in need of fresh potting after sitting in a nursery. Think so?

If it continues to appear struggling, I'll move it up front, under trees with my shade garden of columbines and caladiums.

=) Kathleen

o

Yes repotting carefully won't hurt it. If it's going to get more air circulation under the shade of your tree I would put it there. If it's under a roof awning it probably isn't getting enough air circulation. Kath:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fuchsia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here