Return to the Fuchsia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fuschias for zone 10

Posted by radhavall z10fl (My Page) on
Thu, May 6, 04 at 19:48

are there any varieties that do well in zone 10 and where can i get them? tia, radha

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fuschias for zone 10

i'll bump it down.

o

Hi,

I too am wanting to know about fuchsias in zone 10. I'm rebuilding my home after becoming a widow. I want to bring as much life and color into my home. I have fond memories of my grandmother's fuchsia plants hanging in her back yard porch. She did not live in zone 10. They are sold at my local Home Depot, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are acceptable for zone 10. I plan to hang them in pots on my back porch. Their backs will be to the sun but turned to the shade. My best way of saying this is that they will have partial sun for a couple of hours, the rest shade. Any information regarding types for zone 10 is appreciated. I hope to plant very soon. Thanks.

o

Look for the tryphylla types (long tubes) these are more heat tolerant than most. Hope this helps.

A......

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fuchsia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here