Return to the Fuchsia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Red and white fuchsia?

Posted by Ornata London UK (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 6, 05 at 10:02

Hi. Can anybody recommend a fuchsia (preferably upright rather than trailing) that has red and white flowers? I'm looking for something that is truly red and white, rather than pink and white. I've searched on the net but it's really difficult to tell from the photos. It's for a specific colour-themed border in my garden (It goes from red, through to red & black, black, black & white, white, white & red, back to red. Daft idea, I know, but it's fun.)
Many thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Red and white fuchsia?

Hi Ornata,
Not daft at all, we all have our own ideas about colour :)
I'm assuming you want hardy red/white for the garden border. Some of my favourites are SNOWCAP, CHECKERBOARD, WHITE GENERAL MONK, PROSPERITY, MADAME CORNELISSEN. Most Fuchsia nurseries stock these varieties -Kath:)

o
RE: Red and white fuchsia?

Thanks for those suggestions, Kath. As for the border, it started off as the black and white border, but as so many of the plants we grew to create the "black" effect were actually dark red or maroon, we thought we'd extend our colour palette a little. I've got Fuchsia 'Hawkshead' for the white section, and Fuchsia 'Riccartonii' for the red. Checkerboard might be ideal to sit between them!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fuchsia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here