Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
penny1947_gw

Gartenmeister Bonstandt?

penny1947
19 years ago

What is the best way to propagate the Gartenmeister Bonstandt? I bought one this spring from a local nursery for my hummers and because it isn't winter hardy I will take have to take it indoors for the winter but I would also like to increase my plants as they can be quite expensive buying them from year to year.

Penny

Comments (5)

• fuchsiabonsailady
    19 years ago

Hi Penny,
    Just take 'tip-cuttings' like you do for all fuchsias - see FAQ at the top of the Fuchsia Forum Page - "How do I propagate Fuchsias" - Kath:)

• penny1947
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thank you Kath! THe process sounds easy enough even for me. It is a shame that there are no hummingbirds over in the UK with all the beautiful gardens, it would be a hummer paradise!

Penny

• fuchsiabonsailady
    19 years ago

Yes it's a shame Penny, we only see them on tv, amazing little birds - Kath :(

• Patrick888
    19 years ago

Ok...let's start a campaign...let's all collect hummingbird eggs and I'll take them to Kath in the UK...she can solicit help to incubate the eggs and raise the young...then the U.K. can have hummers too! Maybe this will be the sequel to "Calendar Girls"?! lol

(I AM kidding!)

Patrick

• penny1947
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Yes Patrick but where would they migrate to in the fall? Central America is a very long way for them to fly. My own family in the UK (S. Wales) would love to see a real hummingbird. My neice is also a gardener and I know she would be in awe at seeing a hummer at her plants.
    Penny

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler