Return to the Fuchsia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fuschsia without flowers

Posted by jamie_e 4 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 24, 05 at 15:21

Hi everyone...

I have two fuschsias, but one will not flower. I have one that is about 3 years old that is flowering fine, but the other that is about a year old is not.

This past fall, I trimmed both back, trimmed the roots back and then repotted. The one that is not flowering did flower a few times over the winter but nothing since.

In both cases the growth has been heavy (ie the leaves).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jamie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fuschsia without flowers

Hi Jamie

Usually when a plant has plenty of foliage it has an in-balance with the feeding/food in that it is or has been given excess nitrogen. To get flowers you should feed every other watering at half strength with a high potash feed (tomato feed).

If you have plenty of new growing tips, the plant will eventually flower, however dependant on the time that you last stopped (pinched) those tips it could be up to 14 weeks after the last stop again depending on the type of fuchsia ~(single/double/Triphylla or species).

Trimming back the roots will also delay the flowering.

I think that it is just a case of giving the plant some feed and some time.

Hope this helps.

Tight....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fuchsia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here