Return to the Fuchsia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o

Posted by joanna325 AL (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 3, 06 at 16:12

I'd never even heard of a Fuchsia until I went to the nursery today, and even then I had to ask exactly what it was when we were checking out. The pink and purple blooms caught my eye (it has TONS) and I fell in LOVE. Maybe its a Dollar Princess... maybe its a Royal Velvet... who knows!

However.. I have no experience in growing plants and I want to make sure I don't kill this poor thing! I know it doesn't need direct afternoon sun, but since the summers here are horrible can I bring the plant inside in the afternoon? And will Miracle Grow kill it or should I use a different kind of fertilizer? How much water is too much?
Is there any hope for a Fuchsia to grow way down here in Southeast Alabama?

Love all the gorgeous pix in the gallery too!! I am addicted now! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newbie

I live in fuschia central. If it's a Dollar Princess; it's an upright bush. Don't know how large of a pot it's in, but this one gets large. Miracle Grow will work; feeding once a month. they like plenty of water but not soggy so a well draining planting mix is a must. It can take a couple hours of direct morning or evening sun, but no midday sun in your area. They like cool nights and humidity, try keeping the pot standing in a tray of gravel that you keep wet.

o
RE: Newbie

I bought it from the nursery in a hanging basket. And today the dang birds have been trying to make a nest in it! Maybe I should've just gotten a silk plant. lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fuchsia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here