Return to the Fuchsia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fuchsia Trees leafs turning to yellow

Posted by disco77 6b Canada (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 17, 04 at 16:54

HI, I am new to Garden Web and need your help.
I took pictures of my Fuchsia Trees so you can see the leafs
plus I have notes to my problem on this page if someone could
help me I would appreciate it, HELP, is my hubby over watering?
http://disco77.tripod.com/Gardening/fuchsia.html

thank you
Debbie
BC Canada

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fuchsia Trees leafs turning to yellow

Great pics Debbie. I think it is a combination of a couple of things.
1) Place them out of the pm sun.
2) Water them in the mornings, don't give them a lot of water in late afternoons or evenings, you'll rot the roots. Keep them moist but not soaking wet.If the foliage has wiltered by late afternoon, just spray the foliage if possible with rain water.
3) Are you feeding them a balanced feed ie NPK 20-20-20, a quarter strength at every watering.
4) Try above for a 10/14 days, if you are still getting yellowing leaves, then it could also be a lack of magnesium. Feed once with a dose of Horticultural Epsom Salts. One level dessertspoon into 2 gallons water.
Let us know how you get on. - Kath:)

o

Hi Debbie
Got to set up a Website so I can post Pics like yours.
As soon as I saw them I thought 'stress'. It looks like the change in weather has taken it's tole on the plants. A little more shading would help and watch out for those hot drying winds. They are causing me a lot of problems this year. Kath gives great advice.
Good Luck,
IanS

o

Digital cameras are great and instant pictures.
Thank you so much for your suggestions!!
I will move the one planter cause its in sun most of the day the other two are morning sun only. My friend said the same as you both did, over watering, Hubby didn't water them today Hee hee :) Today we hit a high record in heat after many days of rain and cool weather. Miracle grow we use, when ever hubby thinks about it so will work on a balanced feeding and will pick up magnesium, will follow your suggestions and let you know how my trees start looking :)
Thank you so much!
Debbie :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fuchsia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here