Return to the Fuchsia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Southgate

Posted by crazyforcorelli z5 utah (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 16, 06 at 22:20

Does anyone know if the blossoms of Southgate will turn white (both sepals and corolla) if given too much or too little sun?

I just purchased some unidentified cultivars, and their stems and leaves look very much like Southgate. However, the blossoms are pretty darn white, though the underside of the sepals has a light pink blush and theres some cotton-candy pink veining at the top of the corolla. (The blossoms actually have coloration similar to Katrina Thompson, though they are larger.)

-Crazy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Southgate

I have had a couple of these and its never done that for me, its always had some pink. usually a nice soft pink, but pink none the less. I got one last year that sounds like the coloring you describe and I knew it wasnt what I thought I was geting, (sopisticated lady) still dont know what it was, pink lena or marie eleen maybe. any how, Ive had my southgates in sun, shade, mix and its allways looked about the same.seems like this has some green tips on the sepals like machu pichu. seems like southgate is real round, ball sjaped too. Good luck identifying what ever it is... Maybe it will be something realy special that just got miss labled? :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fuchsia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here