Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hannahjo_gw

I think I have Fuchsia Rust????

hannahjo
16 years ago

I am having such a problem this year with my fuchsias. I bought three small plants in three inch pots ( hot pink and white)and one hanging fuchsia that I had never seen before (red and purple). We are currently 15" below the average rainfall for the year and in drought conditions--however I have watered them daily. I moved my hanging basket from one location on my porch to the corner of my home where I believe--according to what I have read on this forum so far--that it received WAY too much sun. The porch did receive afternoon sun but the corner received sun from 10am to 7-8pm. The leaves have large yellow places everywhere. It is dark now so I can't look to see if they have the orange on the back (from FAQ). We are currently experiencing 90 degree weather. My small fuchsias have been in several locations are NONE of them are doing well either. (They are all in planters.) One I put in the total shade. It is healthy but not blooming or producing new growth. I had it with some precious little begonias (a variety that I have never seen before) which I almost killed by overwatering. The other two I had in a planter on my back porch. They became "leggy" and dried up. I have cut those back and would love to save them. They are still alive--but I have got to find the right spot. My back porch receives morning sun until about 12:00. I fell in love with fuchsias years ago at our other home--but bought them here especially for the hummingbirds! If my hanging plant does have Rust---how did it get that???? Please give me any info that may help! I am so glad that I found this website! (Just joined today!) Thanks. PS--if you look at my page--I live in Alabama not Afganistan--I'll figure out how to fix that!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz