Return to the Fuchsia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Angel's Earrings in the heat- Check it out

Posted by fairfield8619 Zone 8 NW LA (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 0:46

Planted a Cascading Angel's Earrings last year and it sort of got crowded out and did not do much, I thought it had died. We had a low of 16F and two days below freezing and they came back and are doing exceptionally well. More than the cold I am still amazed at the heat tolerance, I'm in NW La not too far from the TX border, so it is hot hot hot in the 90's(97F today) and the humidity is unreal of course. Hot all night too. I just ordered five of the other new selections since this has done so well, they're small so they won't get planted out until next year and I can't wait. Why did they didn't come up with this sooner I wonder? The only one they did not have is the double red, I'll have to order it another time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Angel's Earrings in the heat- Check it out

Judging from your photo I would say you have got it just about right. Keep them in shade and always watered and you will not have any long-term problems. If you are worried about cold - you really shouldn't be in LA - mulch them with leaf litter/ mold in the late fall. Good luck. Ian.

o
RE: Angel's Earrings in the heat- Check it out

Thanks Ian, I do have to worry a bit about cold, especially for these fuchsias, LA is Louisiana and not Los Angeles.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fuchsia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here