Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carrotpower

Fuchsia with small black and green bugs

carrotpower
17 years ago

I have noticed my new fuchsia plant has small black bugs usually on the tips of the plant where there is new growth. I have also seen them on leaves both on the undersides and on the tops. I have too found tiny green bugs in clumps under a few of the leaves. I have found a few of these tiny green ones exploring the new growth where I have found the black ones as well. I am wondering if these two bugs are at all related and what they are and how to get rid of them. Its worth noting that a few of the leaves are twisted looking and curled up on their edges where they have browned and dried out. This is the first fuchsia I have ever had so I'm not sure if the leaves are just old or if they are a result of the bugs or the plant being sick. As for the bugs I have been picking them off with tweezers one by one and when I have seen them in clumps I have removed the entire leaf. I brought the plant indoors recently to keep a closer watch on it, but I purchased it as an outdoor plant. Overall the plant is very healthy looking with an abundance of buds and is looking generally happy.

I would appreciate any helpful comments. Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:791154}}

Comments (3)

Sponsored