Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
twyla3

Where To Hang Fuchsia???

twyla3
16 years ago

I have a Dark Eyes Fuchsia that I have had for about 3 months or so and it started off on my front porch facing East getting morning sun but it started dying and the blooms were not vibrant so I cut it back to almost nothing and it's starting to grow back.I now have it in my screened in carport which faces West and gets the evening sun along with my Delta's Night starts and Blue Ribbon starts and they seem to be doing fine (except my Delta's ,which is another story)but anyway,are my Fuchsia's in a good place or would they be better facing East in morning sun? Also, How can I get my Fuchsia's to bloom with vibrant color?My Blue Ribbons are starts and one of them looks to have a bloom budding...hmmmm Thanks ,TD

Comments (2)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    16 years ago

Fuchsias can take morning sun up here in B.C. They hate hot weather with a passion, They like filtered sun or light shade, I imagine it gets pretty hot where you are so, I'd be inclined to place them in the coolest spot you can find that has filtered sun or light shade.
    Too much sun and too hot, could be what's causing the problem with Dark Eyes. Vibrant color, give Fuchsias the right growing conditions and they will reward you with good color, vibrant in some, soft pastels in others, depending on the variety.
    Atash, would you like to add to this, you are more knowledgeable than I on this subject.

A......

• twyla3
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I guess I'll just keep them in my screened in carport then. It seems to me to have the most shade. My Front porch was too hot and sunny I'm sure.They look healthier where i have them now.Thanks,TD

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH