Return to the Fuchsia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to deadhead a fuschia

Posted by mybrown Washington State (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 7, 07 at 10:00

I have been deadheading my hanging fuschia basket by pulling off the flower but leaving the pod above it on. Is this correct? If not, where do I pinch off and can I use scissors?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to deadhead a fuschia

When you deadhead take the pods off too, these are the seed pods (berries). If you leave these on your plant will put all it's energy into seed making rather than flowers. I'm not that particular but, yes you could use scissors, snip or pinch the stem behind the berry off as close as you can to the first pair of leaves. Anyone else have more advice, please chime in.

A......

o

Thank you very much! I looked and looked and couldn't find anything as descriptive as your post!

o

mybrown, aftermidnight is correct, you must take the Berry's (seedpods) off when dead heading, this will also encourage new buds to appear.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fuchsia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here