Return to the Fuchsia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fuchsia berries!!

Posted by peter4 6a MI (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 4, 05 at 13:31

Been reading some of the postings, and from what I can gather, those things hanging on the plant are seed pods? Are you supposed to cut all of them off, meaning they are not buds? And am I right in assuming that the plant does not like full sun and being watered too much?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fuchsia berries!!

Hi Peter

I answered your berries/pods question on another posting of yours.

With regards to watering, fuchsias need to be kept moist but not over watered. This is one of the hardest things to help people with as everyones situation is different and in most cases it is either a finger dipped into the soil of the pot or the weight of the pot or even knocking the plant out of it's pot and checking the rootball to see if it is dry or not.

Wherever possible the plants should receive the early morning sun and the late afternoon sun with the plants receiving shade in the hottest part of the day. Now finding somewhere that suits the bill is not easy.

Good growing.

Tight...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fuchsia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here