Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tightathome

Firecracker

tightathome
16 years ago

There is always one cultivar or species that just will not grow for you no matter how hard you try!!

In my case it used to be Nellie Nuttal, this became known as a grow and throw cultivar. Because it was one that I had difficulty with, due to whatever reason, I used to grow it and then throw it away, until I tried again. However I overcame whatever the problem was and I eventually managed to grow Nellie Nuttal to an acceptable standard.

My latest glitch is 'Firecracker'. I have seen the occassional good specimen on the show bench, but attaining this standard has so far alluded me. I currently have 2 plants of Firecracker which I have treated in a number of ways i.e well watrede, left a bit longer between watering, fed not fed, sprayed with water and not sprayed, but can I get them to put on any growth....... I have three cuttings coming on quite well, maybe it depends on how the plants are rooted.... who knows?

As you can see from the photograph, I don't have any problems with my other fuchsias.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner