Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laineym_gw

Dying fuchsias in hanging baskets

laineym
17 years ago

Hi, I was wondering if anyone would have any advice for me.

I have three hanging baskets, all hanging on the same wall. I planted a trailing fuchsia in the centre of each of these baskets along with a semi trailing verbena and trailing lobelia around the egdes. Initially, the fuchsias came on great, flowered nicely and new buds formed. I noticed a short while ago though that they seemed to be wilting and the flowers were all dropping off. I just checked them last night and the fuchsias seem to be dying or dead. The stems have gone dry and brown and there doesn't seem to be any or much green growth on them at all. Is it too late for them or can I revive them somehow? I don't know what caused it, whether it was over watering or too much sunlight. The wall they are hanging on gets morning and midday sun and is shaded in the late afternoon/evening. I have a feeling it may be the sun issue which is a problem as I have nowhere else to move the baskets to. I have a fourth basket hanging at the front of the house outside the door with the exact same plants in it and the fuchsia(and all the other plants) in that one are flourishing although that basket probably gets a little less sun than the back three baskets. Some of the verbena in the back 3 baskets also seem to be suffering the same fate as the poor fucshia. Does anybody think they can be saved or have they gone beyond that now? I don't have any pics, but the plant basically resembles twigs. There may be a tiny bit of green or a bud left on one or two of the plants. I'm in Ireland.

Thanks in advance!

Comment (1)