Return to the Fuchsia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with IDing yellow leaf brown spot problem?

Posted by raehelen USDA 7-8 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 15:22

Hi, I'm having problems with my Fuchsia standards. Leaves turning yellow with brown dried out spots. No sign of bugs or rust spores. Did fertilize a couple of weeks ago, will do so again today plus try epsom salt foliar spray in case it's a magnesium deficiency? New leaves now are very tiny and flower buds are falling off...

Fuchsia yellow leaf photo fuchsia_yellowleaf_zps01a0e273.jpg

Fuchsia brown spots tiny new leaves photo Fuchsia_brownspot_zps215ab904.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with IDing yellow leaf brown spot problem?

Was the damage apparent before you fertilized? What did you fertilize with? In what concentration? That would be my no.1 suspect. If the damage preceded the fertilizer then it is probably a bacterial infection. No.1 cause of which at this time of year is weakened resistance due to heat/drought. Not Magnesium deficiency. Good luck. Ian.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fuchsia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here