Return to the Fuchsia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reviving fuscia once bloom is spent

Posted by HeatherRSM z9b CA (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 17, 04 at 16:33

Hi Folks,

First time posting to this forum. I have 5 Pink Marshmallows in hanging baskets that have gone through a heavy bloom and are now resting. Lots of seed pods. Some leaves (just one or two on each plant) turn bright yellow and remove them. I water to keep them moist and don't let them get stressed. All hang from limbs under trees and are otherwise happy.

Is it possible to revive them to bloom again this season? Do I remove the pods? I have a tremendous foliar feed (8-10-8) that I've used with great success this year on my roses and a few other plants - could I use it in this situation also?

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Heather

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Reviving fuscia once bloom is spent

Hi Heather,
As soon as a flower fades and drops off, remove the then small green seed pod. If you leave them on, the plant puts all it's energy into producing seed and not more flowers.

Remove them all, as you live in zone 9b trim the ends of the stems back by a couple of inches, yes quite alright to give your plant a feed with that feed mentioned above. With your warm climate you should have flowers again within a month or so - Kath:)

o
RE: Reviving fuscia once bloom is spent

Kath -

Thanks a bunch, I'll give it a trim and see what happens!

Heather

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fuchsia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here