Return to the Fuchsia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gartenmeister leaves disfugured

Posted by MauraO SE Alaska (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 19, 04 at 11:42

I have Gartenmeister fuchsias in pots and in the ground, and I have this problem on some plants in both areas. The leaves are disfigured at the joint with the stem.
The edges of the holes are more rounded than clean cut, so it doesn't look like chewing to me.
I haven't found it on any other fuchsia variety, nor can I see any insects. Aside from this the plants look healthy. Thanks for any help identifying my problem.
I can't figure out how to get a photo here, but I've posted one on the Pest and Diseases forum.
Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gartenmeister leaves disfugured

Hi Maura,
It looks as if you might have had something eating the leaves at the axil area before the leaves unfolded. You can already see new leaf buds in the axil area, you could always cut the damaged ones off to encourage the new leaves to grow quicker.
In repect of posting photos here, if you go back to the Fuchsia Forum page, you will see 'On Topic Disscussions' to the right of that is 'Switch to Gallery' that is the Gallery for this Forum. Kath:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fuchsia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here