Return to the Fuchsia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
EarthWorks Fuchsias

Posted by hill60 z7 BC (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 16, 10 at 16:03

Have any Canadians on this forum purchased Fuchsias from Earthworks. They have so many I would love to have.

This past winter my timing was off potting up and protecting my container fuchsias and I lost them all. I have started replacing them but my choices are very limited here on Vancouver Island.

My preference is to buy local but it seems that all the nursery's have the same varieties.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: EarthWorks Fuchsias

hill60, you really have to scout around to find other than the same ol, same ol, I don't know if Earthworks sends to Canada I think I remember someone saying the phyto was rather pricey. I used to get some lovely varieties from Monnier's in Oregon but they are no longer in business. I lost most of mine that bad winter we had a couple years back, not enough heat on in the greenhouse. I thought I was finished with them after that but all it took was finding a really nice one and one I had looked for for years and found by accident and I was hooked again :).

I don't know if you got the email I sent you through GW, if you are interested in any of the varieties I have let me know. I know of a couple of places on the mainland that sell some, one place has a lot of good ones but they aren't labeled so you have to know your fuchsias and hope they're in flower when you are there.

Not too many people around here grow fuchsias other than using them as basket stuffers which is a shame and the ones that are offered are often misnamed.

I sent you an email through GW but don't know if you got it. If you are interested in any of the varieties I have email me through my members page.

Annette

o
RE: EarthWorks Fuchsias

wow, it's a shame some of you can't make a trip by the "Clipper" boat by the Vancouver/Seattle run..
I live in Olympia and it's an hour ride to Seattle.
I want to take a trip by the Clipper to see a friend on the island one day.
I have no idea what kinds of trouble it would be, to take cuttings of fuchsias, on the boat ride.
...guess it would sure be worth the checking into.
off season the rates for the boat are great..something like $79 round trip and I think I even heard it included a night over.
...gotta check it for sure. I was driving when I heard it earlier this evening.

Becky in Olympia, ....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fuchsia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here