Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gramadea

ID..Fuchsia Mastergartner Breidemyer

gramadea
10 years ago

Hello, I am new here and wondering if you could help me. Has anyone ever heard of a Fuchsia called Mastergartner Breidemyer? That is what is on the tag but I can find nothing about it on the internet or anywhere else.

Thanks,
Dea W.

Comments (4)

• gramadea
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sorry I meant to include a photo.

• pwin
    10 years ago

Well, it's interesting. There is a triphylla called Gartenmeister (meister meaning master and garten meaning garden) hybridized by Bonstedt. Mastergartner is just a partial translation and inversion of words. You are right; I can't find anything on a Breidemyer. Was this a company tag? Or handwritten tag? Do you want information on it to know how to care for it or are you just curious? Here is my Gartenmeister Bonstedt:

Here is a link that might be useful: Triphylla Page

• lexilu73
    10 years ago

I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE SOME INFO ON THAT FUCHSIA. I BOUGHT 2 THIS YEAR. I LIVE IN VIRGINIA. IF I BRING THEM INSIDE WILL THEY LIVE THROUGH WINTER IN MY BASEMENT?

• pwin
    10 years ago

They'll be protected in your basement as long as temperatures don't fall below freezing. The link at the bottom provides a lot of information for you.

Also, here is a Gardenweb thread for you to read regarding overwintering Gartenmeisters:

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/fuchsia/msg1113530031521.html

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Overwintering Fuchsias

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz