Return to the Fuchsia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
F. boliviana source?

Posted by CamarilloJeff SoCal sunset23 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 18, 05 at 11:57

Does anyone know a source for F. boliviana. I have found a seed source but would prefer plants, and mail order is fine with me.
Also if you have any recommendations for other tall (3+ feet) fuchsias, I'd appreciate that as well.

Thanks, and happy gardening

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: F. boliviana source?

Hi Jeff,
Most of the Magellanica and Triphylla types grow more than 3ft. in your climate.

This mail order company might be of use to you, see link below - Kath:)

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.fuchsialand.com/

o

Kartuz (S.D. North County) has them listed. I've had a couple of plants labeled as F. boliviana that turned out to be something else, or were perhaps hybrids, so seed from verified F. boliviana might not be a bad idea. If you like boliviana, you'll probably like Fuchsia 'Fanfare'. It will get 8-10 ft, tall, the flowers are well-shaped and large and it is fully mite resistant. F. regia ssp. regia has flowers that are just typical but it will form a clambering liana up to fifteen or twenty feet with support (typically a tree). It is not self-supporting, but looks good draping over a fence or hanging down from the branches of a tree.

o

I have both the red and the cherry and white varieties. I can sell them or trade with you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fuchsia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here