Return to the Fuchsia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tips of leafs brown

Posted by markey Z8 WA (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 18, 11 at 17:26

Why would the tips of the leaves on my hanging fuchsias be turning brown? I live in Kitsap County, WA.

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tips of leafs brown

Also on the Kitsap Peninsula

Likely what has happened is due to the late August/early September heat wave. My Fuchsia are in the ground so drying out is not a concern. This time of year new growth should have almost stopped and they begin getting ready for dormancy. The sudden change in weather caused a flush of new growth which was not strong enough to have time to harden off. The plants are simply aborting the growth as unneeded.

I took down my baskets last month and set them about the garden so they get watered with the sprinkler system. They are preparing to go into the garage as the weather at night slips below 40F.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fuchsia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here