Return to the Fuchsia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for hardwood cuttings of Fuchsia in UK

Posted by eddie_in_thailand (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 28, 09 at 9:44

Hi All,

I am living in Thailand and on 7 December 2009 my mother will be travelling from the UK to visit me. I am interested to start growing Fuchsias here, so I am trying to contact someone who has a nice collection in the UK and would be willing to send some hardwood cuttings (with leaves removed) to my mother so that she can carry them to me. I am interested in just a few cuttings per variety but would like a range of different varieties (upright, trailing, single, double, different colours, small flowers, big flowers, etc). Ideally each variety should be named/labeled. I will be happy to pay for the cuttings and cost of delivery to my mother. I have contacted several commercial nurseries but they only supply rooted cuttings and only supply in the summer.
I hope someone can help me - if so, please send me an email.
Best regards,
Eddie.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for hardwood cuttings of Fuchsia in UK

Just curious, what is the day and night temperatures over there in Thailand?

o

I will be growing the plants at an altitude of 1,200 meters (annual average around min 15C max 25C).

o

When I lived in England I got all my fuschias from Kathleen Muncaster of 18 Field Lane, Morton nr Gainsborough. I think she is retired now, but she is an immensely obliging person and if anyone can help I'm sure she can. She sometimes posts on this site "Fuschia-Lady". Her phone number is 01427 612329. I'm curious to know how you will keep unrooted cuttings alive on the trip to Thailand.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fuchsia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here