Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trancegemini_wa

any info on Colossus?

trancegemini_wa
16 years ago

Hi, I have just bought my first fuschia plant a couple of weeks ago but I know nothing about growing them so I tried to find information on the internet about the one I bought but I just can't find any useful info.

The plant tag didnt have much on it, no height or what type of fuschia it is so I'm just so lost with it. I've been reading this forum and it doesnt sound like my climate is that suitable for fuschias anyway but it was such a beautiful plant I just fell in love with it at the store.

The tag just says Fuschia Colossus.

It has red and purple flowers and an upright habit, so far it is only about 30cms tall. I live in west australia and my summers are long, hot and dry, winters are mild and barely reach frost. I planted it in a garden bed under the pergola where it gets bright shade and it has buds and blooms all over since i gave it some blood and bone when planting. the soil it is in is quite nice and hummus-y aswell.

So far it has been getting watered twice a week and our temps have been quite mild so far, mostly in the low to high 20s (73-80)with a few days of around 35c (95f) and it has coped very well, except a little bit of scorch around the edge of some leaves where the afternoon sun reached under the pergola on those warmer days.

does anyone have any info about this fuschia? Im reading about hardy fuschias and shrub fuschias and I dont even know what type it is or how large it will grow? I have started misting it every day after reading about it here, and am wondering if I should do that on cooler days or hotter days or both?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County