Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daffodilian

Fuchsia dropping a lot of leaves suddenly

daffodilian
11 years ago

Hello all,

I bought a lovely Gartenmeister Fuchsia about two months ago that was doing very well on my north-facing balcony - growing new branches and putting out tons of blooms. However, a few weeks ago I discovered the bottom leaves yellowing and then dropping off. Initially it didn't concern me as I thought it was just the old leaves senescing, but over the past two weeks a TON of leaves of yellowed and dropped off, leaving half my plant bare.

Any ideas as to why this is happening? I'm not sure what the issue is as I haven't changed my care regimen. I water the plant typically daily (it's rather dry where I live) and fertilize maybe biweekly with generic plant food. About a month ago I found aphids on the plant and got rid of them with soap and neem oil, but the drying of leaves started before the aphid attack and has continued despite the fact that I don't see any more pests and haven't used any more neem oil on the plant.

Lessee other info that might be helpful: I live in Northern California so I don't think frost /cold is an issue. The plant is sitting on a balcony with a bacopa, serbian bellflower, and another fuchsia all of which are watered near daily and are doing fine.

Help / advice would be much needed. Hopefully I can save my beautiful plant!

~Maria

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner