Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kosmosmom

Queen Esther Fungus??

kosmosmom
19 years ago

I am a fairly new gardener and even newer to fuchsias, but I am wanting to add more to my garden. I'll be looking at the FAQ and archives for good reference (books, websites, magazine, etc) recommendations for finding out more on types, care etc. But in the meantime I have a question on a newly purchased fuchsia.

It is labeled as a Queen Esther hardy fuchsia (no species name), it has a pale pink, almost white, outer flower with a dark purple inner flower. (Sorry, I don't know the proper terms yet.) But the leaves are starting to get black/gray spots and turn yellow, but the colors described for Fuchsia Rust don't seem right. When I got it home it was fine and there was no evidence that it had this problem before (all the leaves look very symmetrical around the stem and it hadn't appeared to have lost a lot of leaves), but it showed up quickly there after.

I am pretty sure it is a fungus. I am not planning to bring it in for the winter. Should I treat it with a fungicide or just let it die back naturally at this point and re-grow next year. Should I do anything to prevent an outbreak next year?

I'm in Zone 8.

Thanks for anything you can share!

Comments (5)

Sponsored