Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Jerusalem Artichoke

Posted by westender z7 Atlanta GA (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 5, 07 at 19:41

I harvested lots and lots of Jerusalem Artichoke roots from the old community garden I just left. I'm guessing a hundred pounds or more. You may think I'm exaggerating, but I swear I'm not. I gave one 40-pound bag to my boss's wife, and a lot more to a couple of friends. But I still have plenty that I'd love to share, especially with anyone who has never tasted it before and would like to try it. It's fresh, it's organic, and from what I've read it's nutritious. We ate it sliced raw on a salad at Thanksgiving, and I thought it was tasty. My boss's wife has been chopping it and adding it to her beans n'greens in the last 20 minutes or so of cooking time and says it adds a nice spicy flavor. Another friend has roasted them and eaten them that way.

If you go to our new community garden website, http://rosecirclecommunitygarden.wikispaces.com/Recipes, you can find some information and recipes for Jerusalem artichoke under the "Recipes and Food Info" tab. As a bonus, you can also read about our new community garden in the West End of Atlanta!

Email me if you'd like to have some of these unusual vegetables. Come by the garden to visit us. If I can't get rid of (Oops, I mean SHARE them before the spring trade, I'll be bringing some with me then, too.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Rose Circle Community Garden Website

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Georgia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here